Saturday, November 10, 2007

What the Heck

Well the day that I have been dreading has finally come. My daughter whom I love so much as a father should has grown up to be a pretty girl and well I don't like it. Why? Well after church Friday night we were leaving to go fellowship at Burger King and a young teenage boy in my church called me to his truck and as nervous as he could be he mustard up the strength to ask for permission to court my daughter. I looked at him with disgust and put my fist in his face and told him don't tell me that, you just don't say that. I asked him if he prayed about it and said yes Sir and my response was you wait and let me pray about it, but yet I wanted to break every bone in his body. In his defense he is an alright kid but he likes my daughter, and I don't like him at all, (jk) I do like him though it hurts me to know that my daughter is growing up. I got in my van and at first wanted to hit Nicole but didn't. My wife asked what happened and i told her in spanish and she was freaking out. When I got to Burger King I asked Brother Winston a Capt. with the Jennings police dept. That I needed a background check on T-Boy, oh by the way that is what they call him, his real name is Russell Sonnier. I told Brother Howard and his response is I have a message you need to read, And then he proceeded to make fun of me. I was a mess and I could hardly eat, but don't worry I manged to put it in. Afterwards we went home and couldn't stop thinking about it. My wife and I couldn't get over it. In the morning Melinda said I kept her up because I kept saying over and over, you want to court my daughter, I am a mess and it is tearing me up. I knew for awhile that Nicole liked him but yet she told my wife this morning that she didn't think that he liked her and when Melinda told her what happened last night well she giggled. It is 3:00 right now and after 5:00 today he will come over so I can talk to him and give him the rules of courting. I spoke to his father today and he is in aggreance with me on the rules. Of coures no touching, kissing, sitting close, talking alone and so on. Paranoid, no protecting yes, I told Melinda that the promise certificate will go on her door and we will be fixing her broken promise ring we gave her when she was 15. So please pray for us well more for me and maybe T-boy I'm not sure how things will go.

5 comments:

DeeDee said...

WHAT??? I can't believe that someone actually had the nerve to ask you John? Oh my, how Diana is growing. WOW!! I'm in shock. Well I know that you guys know what you're doing, so everything will be fine. And let us know about that message that Bro. Howard says to read. We'll be praying for T-boy, I know that he'll need it.

Sal said...

alright for for T-Bone!

its going to be ok bro. i bet diana is asking you blogged this.

DeeDee said...

LOL @Sal.....T-Bone

Anonymous said...

daddy!?!?!?!i love you.
and uncle j its t-boy why would you put t-bone?

juan said...

@ J t-bone thats funny, john needs to school D, in seinfeld. Yo bro thats tough, it's time to go get nana hehe, God will guide you through. We will pray for nana & t-bone. For You & the crybaby(melinda)