Monday, June 16, 2008

The 3 day weekend

Had what could be the most packed weekend I have had here in Louisiana. It all started Saturday morning, we went fishing for the first time on a boat. A bass boat that is, Brother Tweet took us and his wife on his boat a Ranger boat with a 150hp and Diana along with John went with Tod on his John boat with a 40hp engine, it was awesome we all caught fish and Diana caught her first bass fish also. it was alot of fun, cant wait to go again. We went with Preacher and Miss Howard to the Pitt Grill were we ate buffet, laterTweet, Cindy and Tod joined us, after that we went to the river just to go park and have fellowship. Sunday was church time and it was good, God gave liberty and the Spirit of God moved. The whole church has been praying for Brother Bob, He had surgery last week on his hernia and it woke up a sleeping giant; Cancer, They found cancer spread to his liver and then crippled him down in ICU, Sunday during church the call came in that the cancer spread to his lungs and went in to organ shut down, after church me and the preacher went to Lafayette, to the hospital and met with the family, We prayed for him and wepted as well, he was able to recognize us and tried to speak to me and preacher, He saw me and called me Big John, broke my heart and prayed for him, I later went to see Brother Dickie who was praying in the chapel and my heart broke for him, Brother Bob was his favorite uncle, I can say that while he was in ICU he was witnessing to other patients and Doctors, He was in touch with the other world though because we heard him calling on Jesus, Just asking him for help, About 5p.m. he went on to be with the Lord. Please pray for his family, he does have children that are wayward and need the Lord. He was married for 3 months so please pray for his wife, she also lost her first husband to cancer and Brother Bobs 1st wife died of cancer too. The children of both sides need much prayer,
Well today ended the 3 day weekend, last week I had mentioned to Brother Steve, the one that plays piano and sings awesome, of the desire I had to take my son John shooting one day. Me and John do not do much together so I figured that this would spark an interest, well Brother Steve asked if we wanted to go with him shooting at the rifle range. We agreed and met today, off course me nor John have a gun but Brother Steve said he would lend us his 22 rifle. He brought a Ethica short 22 rifle that was a single shot, he also brought a pump action 22, it looked like a shotgun, that gun was awesome. and last he brought out a brand new Henry lever action 22 rifle. He taught John John the fundamental of shooting and John took off and did excellent. He shot alot of the targets. He made me proud and so did Brother Steve. Well afterwards as we were getting ready to leave Bro. Steve did an awesome thing, He gave me and John that brand new 22 rifle. Since we have moved to Jennings Brother Steve and his wife has been awesome to us and has blessed my family much, John has even become Sister Sharon's helper Sunday mornings for her before Sunday School. Brother Steve is truly a blessing to my family. And I want to publicly say thank you Brother,
Well this has been my weekend, it was filled with joy, sorrow, sadness, rewarding and Christian life growing.
Please don't forget to pray for the Charpentier Family.

2 comments:

juan said...

Wow, soo much for one week end.Hope I get to shoot them gun, boyz

juan said...

Hey good to hear John is helping out signs of spiritual growth,