Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Lord Helped Me Through It

After 17 years I finally accomplished what I always wanted. I got my G.E.D. I am not sure what my scores are but the lady in the school dept. called and said I have excellent scores. I was expecting a letter in the mail but because she knew that I almost lost my chance to take the test due to work so she called me at work and gave me the good news. I was both excited and emotional that I started to cry. After the test I told my wife I didn't pass because it was so hard. I did do my best and answered to the best of my ability but I was not sure though, but I prayed and I believe that God interceded for me and gave me the ability too retain some knowledge that I learned at my night classes. My wife and daughter encouraged me alot by teaching me some algebra. You know what is so funny is that from th 6th grade till I dropped out in th 11th I never took one class of algebra not even beginners algebra. But thank you Lord for helping me.
I feel like a graduate now and not a drop out. I don't regret having to drop out because I did it to support my new family, but how great it is to finally catch up.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU JESUS!!!! I am so very very proud of you!!! I knew you could do it!!! I love you!!!

DeeDee said...

CONGRATULATIONS JOHN! We're so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Im proud of you DADDY! I knew you were going to pass! I Just had a feeling you were going to do it! Im soooooo proud of you and I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART!!!!

Melinda said...

thank you guys, i was so worried i wouldnt pass

Melinda said...

i posted under melinda, oops

Sal said...

congrats bro!

juan said...

Whatcha ganna do with so much edumacation now?
Congrats Bro, hope to see you guys soon