Wednesday, May 26, 2010

When I am alone.....

I will start by saying this, Having Jesus as my Savior, I am Never Alone.
But this scripture means alot to me. Job 19:14 My kinsfolk have failed, and my familiar friends have forgotten me.
I like what Barnes says concerning this verse and the Psalmist, My kinsfolk have failed - My neighbors (קרובי qarobay ), those who were near to me. It may refer to "nearness" of affinity, friendship, or residence. The essential idea is that of "nearness" - whether by blood, affection, or vicinity. In Ps 38:11, it denotes near friends. Psalms 38:11 My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off.
When I think about Job I am often reminded of how he lived before his trial, This man had it all, Family, friends and possessions. This was a man that the Lord was pleased with. HE  not only worshiped God but even interceded for his family. Job 1:5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.
And this is something he did continually, he did not just live for God once a year when it came time to offer up sacrifice, he served God daily. Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.
Job was a man that walked with God, His name by interpretation means one that weeps and cries, (Hitchcock's Bible Names Dictionary)
In Hebrew his name means, Prosecuted or hated.
Why did his name mean these things? I wondered. The Lord reminded me of this scripture that really helped me understand the weeping and crying, Job 3:25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.
He did not just loved and feared God, but he also feared that a day would come that he might not be able to withstand, not that he would lose his wealth, or his household or even his own health, I believe he feared that he would not be able to go through it, or comprehend his affliction.
Job was a honest and sincere man, a man that not only feared God but was perfect in his walk with God, by perfect I mean he was gentle,and morally pious. He was humble as well, he was also honest and upright,
As far as being persecuted and hated we see that through his trials of his faith, what I mean is remember what Satan thought he would do when he lost it all, Satan thought he would curse God, But the more he was put on the grill he lifted up his eyes to God.
His wife who lost her children as well and her healthy husband told him to curse the Lord and die, but yet he helped to strengthen her faith.
If you think about it she had to go through the door of death to have more children, how many mothers do you know who lost all her children would be willing to raise more kids at the thought of burying her children again,  A WOMAN OF FAITH!!!
If job would have quit on God she would have quit on God,
How you react to pressure will effect others around you. Well that is all for today. There is so much into this one man of Faith,

No comments: