Tuesday, March 29, 2011

When the power of God came.

Many times I can tell you of my experience of when the manifestation of God was so real. I remember the first time was when Jesus saved my soul. And what a day that was. I tell my Sunday school kids that they probably wouldn't like me if they knew before God saved me. The second that I can remember was at church when Sammy Allen first came down to the valley and preached at victory Baptist church. That night was awesome. Then in 2004 at the campmeeting in Georgia. On Tuesday and Friday. Oh and I remember when God saved my father-in-law, the room was bright as day thought it was about 10 pm and The Holy Spirit just filled the room and showed himself to be true and saved an old sinner. Another time like that night was on soulwinning night. I was with one of my men and we visited a crippled man and his wife. And God showed up that night and saved him. Man we shouted that night. But when the building shook was the one I almost forgot. Bro. Ellis reminded me last night. He said John remember that night and it just çame back to me. I was trying to forget Abbeville but I couldn't forget and I am glad I won't. Bro. Tim brought about 15 men and fixed my old church and house and that afternoon asked me if it was possible to hold a meeting that night for services. I said yes, and started calling folks and we packed her in and my people even brought supper. Well that night we started singing and praising God and testifying that at once we felt the Holy Ghost show up and filled our building and at that time we were meeting in the fellowship hall. And you might think I'm crazy but I was there and Bro. Tim can testify but the building shook. And man did we have a time of worshipping. God did work in Abbeville and I wish in my heart I was still there. I loved it there and my people. Could I have done something different that night the devil fought maybe, but only God knows, but as for me I signed  over the place to God. And he did what was fit for what they did. But I can't deny the fact that there was a day when the foundations did shake.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog