Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Foot

Well those that can pray I need you. I went to see a foot Dr. to see what was wrong with my ankles and well I wasn't to happy with the results , but there is an alternative to surgery. You see I was born with high arches and that is not good. Since as long as I can remember every new shoe or boot I would buy it seemed like the sides would swoop out in time. like if I would walk on my sides on purpose. It always bothered me but I would let it go. As the years went on and the weight got healthier it didn't help. My ankles always hurt and it would get swollen. I thought it was because I broke my ankles before but it turned out the reason I sprained easily and broke my ankles was because of the leaning of my feet outside. The Dr. gave me four options and highly recommended to avoid the last. Option 1. Heel lifts and antinflametory pills (which is what I am trying now) also to change my shoes every 4 months. Option 2. heel lifts and have regular injections on my ankles, (I don't like that because in time it gets ugly in side). Option 3. surgery on my foot to remove or grind off bone spurs, I have a bunch of them. And option 4. Complete reconstructive surgery on my feet. He said that he would have to break my feet apart and try to fix it. Which would take alot of time and healing. He said we would want to avoid that but he would have to if needed. I believe this, That it is unfortunate that I have to go through option 1 but through much prayer and supplication God will heal. That is my faith in Him, He is able. If not then that is His will, so please pray for me. And if you have high arches go see a doctor please. you might not hurt now but you will later. Check your shoes how they wear out. if you have new shoes and within 2 weeks you see slopping to the outside see a doctor. The Doctor I saw in Lafayette was awesome. And yes I have to lose weight he really never mentioned it only after I brought it up, only because I was born this way. But being overweight does not help. Please pray for me. Before I end this post I want to say this, You men who are married might say my wife is the best well you are wrong because my wife is the best. As soon as we left there she made sure to buy me 2 new shoes one for church and work and socks. And date them so we can get them changed in four months. She also called the Doctor and bought me another lift and then took me out to eat Chinese, mind you she really don't like Chinese but God saw her today and man she really enjoyed it so much. First time ever. I put this part of the post in bold because I want to let you know that my wife is the best and the only one that has my heart. Every time I am sick she is there, and yes she may joke around and say"Here we go again" she doesn't mean it she loves me. And if you are not married to bad it doesn't get any better than mine

3 comments:

Sal said...

well, brother. the only thing i can saw now besides pray for you is that you should be glad you met your wife before you started wearing lifts. Otherwise she might be disappointed to find you are not as tall. :-)

Melinda said...

i know that i might not always be able to get through but i beileve God's promise and i know he can heal you or do as He did to paul--- II Corinthians 12:7---i have faith in God that he will either heal you or give you the strenght to endure this trial for his promisises are true to my heart and i know He will not give you anything you can not handle!!!! i will be praying for you and when you feel the pain just remember that God will take care of it and read Philippians chapter 4 but pay close attention to verses 4,5,6,7,8,9 and especially verse 13--- we can claim this promise and endure this trial for just a little while longer!!!! I LOVE YOU and will do ANYTHING for you!!!! you are my everything and i thank God for you!!! now suck it up and pray---just kidding Jeremiah 33:3---i think i found my life verse!!!! i love you alot!!!

Melinda said...

by the way God makes no mistake and when He made you He knew exactly what He was doing----Romans 10:15 and Ecclesiates 3:11!!