Thursday, October 25, 2007

Broken



A couple days ago I was on Gtalk with my Brother Jay looking for this song I had forgotten about. I first heard the song in the church I got saved in and later because I too was an Elvis fan heard him sing the song in his gospel CD I used to own and later thru away. Well I came across this pic and it reminded me of when Jesus spoke about the pharisee and the publican..Luke 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

The reason I remembered that song was because during the song service in church The Trio was singing this song and it reminded me of the song I heard years ago. Our pianist had the song in her song book but I couldn't remember how it went. Well to make a long story short we found the song. Elvis sang a short version of it but, I found a singer other than Elvis to hear it which is a Gospel singer not a country, rock, rap, pop, I'll make a gospel to ease my conscious but yet make there money on that worldly garbage. Brother Bob one of our deacons at the church got up and sang it Sunday night during our Revival. This song is awesome one day I told Brother Steve if we could sing it together. Brother Steve is a blessing he plays Piano by ear but I am telling you he is good, God has blessed him with a gift. One Sunday before choir practice Brother Steve was playing what I thought was Amazing Grace in a lower key and I jumped in and started singing and man I cant sing. (just a joyful noise), Anyways as I was ranting the song is Where No One Stands Alone, And this pic reminds me of the song and the sight I found it on has the words and this pic to it. It is Elvis singing though and I don't recommend you hear it. The Best place I heard it was at church and the first place I ever heard it was back in 98 in church. I still remember that night. I remember everything.......any ways the song is great. If you can play piano find the words and the music and learn it and play it all the time. I can only hum it. My dad and Jay I could always count on to find something or remember a certain song or name. I remember At work years ago I couldn't remember Rosco's dog name in the Dukes of hazard, we at work were going crazy. I called Jay but he couldn't remember and then I called my dad he said it with out hesitation. I am blessed to have a great brother and a one of kind dad. (I love you dad, I know you don't read this dad but I do love you) I remember when I Got saved I told my family and was ridiculed and told not to talk to them about God, it hurt so much, But I prayed. I prayed that they would get saved and I still pray that today. I would prayed that My brother Jay would get saved because I knew that maybe he could get to dad, Well Jay is saved now and I leave this matter up to God. When I lead you to the Lord and directed you to a church, I prayed that you would learn of God, I did what was done to me, I left you to that Under shepherd to train you.

No comments: