Sunday, October 14, 2007

With a Heavy Hart

I taught this Lesson the Lord gave me last night after we got home fromTexas for Sunday School. My heart is heavy concerning my dad but I realize this one thing, that there are other Christians out there with lost family's, possibly dads,moms, and even grandparents. The burden is heavy so Please pray for my dad as I will pray for those you mention.

I’ll Do it My Way

Hardest thing my dad ever told me was; I will do it my way.

1. The first thing I want to mention is found in Isaiah
Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

When my father told me what he did this verse came to mind.
Neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord; the ways which God prescribes and directs men to walk in are different from theirs; his are holy, theirs unholy; his are plain, theirs crooked; his are ways of light, theirs ways of darkness; his are pleasant, theirs not so, at least in the issue; his lead to life, theirs to death; and therefore there is good reason why they should leave their evil ways, and walk in his. Moreover, the ways which he takes in the salvation of men are different from those which they, naturally pursue, and especially in the pardon of sin; he pardons freely, fully, without any reserve, or private grudge, forgetting as well as forgiving.

2. You know there are many ways. But there is but one way.
There is the divine way.
Psalms 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
Psalms 145:17 The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.
Hosea 14:9 Who is wise, and he shall understand these things? prudent, and he shall know them? for the ways of the LORD are right, and the just shall walk in them: but the transgressors shall fall therein.
Revelation 15:3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

Several things I know and that is this; no matter what God is just and true.
When those 2 things come into play this verse comes alive to me.
Psalms 85:10 Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.

3. There have been some in the bible that have tried there way and it fails.
a. The prodigal son, Luke 15:11
b. Ananias and Sapphira Acts 5:1
c. King Agrippa
Acts 26:28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.
Acts 26:29 And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds.
Paul here had a desire for this man to be saved.
1. It is amazing that many would be like Agrippa
2. Many will hear but not all will hearken to the call to repentance.
Paul said I would to God, he here is saying; if only ever time I gave the gospel all would be converted.

The bible is very clear it is whosoever will, that means my dad has the choice.
Agrippa paid for it with his due reward, Hell. He is still there today.

d. Felix was given the opportunity and said this:
Acts 24:25 And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come, Felix trembled, and answered, Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee.

1. Our way is to wait but God said today is the time;
Luke 19:9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house,…..

e. Jonas thought that his way would be right but God had plans for Nineveh
f. David thought of ways to deceive and conceal his sin with Bathsheba
My dad scared me yesterday, when he said he would do it his way.
Something as a child of God I don’t want to see is loved ones seek another way.

Jesus said in Matthew that strait is the gate

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

I believe many men are striving for the goals in life, so go about never reaching the mark.
And I am afraid some die never knowing how close to the way they were.
Aug. 12, 1998 is when I was spiritually striving.
And I found it though Jesus Christ and Him alone, it was then He became Lord of my life.
Philippians 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;
It was on this date that I got saved and found the way.
Jesus said it Him self;
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I am the Way - That leads so the Father: - the Truth that teaches the knowledge of God, and directs in the way: - the Life that animates all those who seek and serve him, and which is to be enjoyed eternally at the end of the way.
Christ is the Way:
1. By his doctrine, Joh 6:68.
2. By his example, 1Pe 2:21.
3. By his sacrifice, Heb 9:8, Heb 9:9.
4. By his Spirit, Joh 16:13.
He is the Truth:
1. In opposition to all false religions.
2. To the Mosaic law, which was only the shadow, not the truth or substance, of the good things which were to come. And
3. In respect to all the promises of God, 2Co 1:20.
He is the Life, both in grace and glory; the life that not only saves from death, but destroys it.
No man cometh unto the Father - By any other doctrine, by any other merit, or by any other intercession than mine.

My Heart is heavy today. And the prayers can’t stop till dad gets saved.
Do I believe he will get saved, do you?
Paul said it, I would to God that all that hear.

No comments: