Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I asked the question to my family; Are you ready?
In life that question seems to be aways asked. Think about it how many times can you think of the times you were asked are you ready. As a child we heard that many times. But as adults we always are the one asking. God asked me if I was ready, My response to Him was yes but then He asked is your family ready. There is one thing about Pastoring I take very highly, and that is accountability. Being accountable to the people we Pastor. I can say one thing positive about my first church, They heard.
Isaiah 6:9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
I never heard that; was told by many there. Many people are preached at but not taught. I still remember when Ms. Bernadine came to visit and she took me in to the church after Sunday Morning and I can tell she was burdened down. She like many have told me, I don't know I don't know. She knew she was lost but couldn't pray. I kept telling her you can you can and she wouldn't, I mean God was heavy that day with conviction on Ms. Bird (as I would call her) I remember thinking no not her, let her God get saved, I literally felt her crossing the line of no remedy. After I called my wife in to talk to her While I prayed I remember that the Holy Spirit had finally convinced her she could and Asked Jesus to be her Lord. It was wonderful. I still remember the message I preached that morning and had 2 saved that morning Ms Bird made 3.
I remember that night thinking people need to hear the truth. That night I preached with much fervency and had 2 more get saved that night. I haven't spoke much with Ms Bird since then but if you ask her today she can tell you what she told us; I am saved! I have been told by many and even my close friend's that I have no compassion, but God knows me. I will still preached as though it is my last.

2 comments:

fundamentalistwives said...

hello pastor,

Thanks for dropping by on our blog :-) You have a lovely blog as well. Mind if I backlink it on mine?
God bless you, and keep on the good works!

juan said...

I can say I am saved going to heaven when I die to meet Jesus my savior, but about being ready i might be different I guess, I feel I still need to do so much more for HIM. I pray when I do get to heaven I am doing GODS will, & not be ashamed. As for being ready to go to heaven yes, wanting the Lord to just come & get us already.