Sunday, February 3, 2008

I cant do it by my self,

I want you to read this part of the scripture and show you what the Lord taught me,
1 Chronicles 19:12 And he said, If the Syrians be too strong for me, then thou shalt help me: but if the children of Ammon be too strong for thee, then I will help thee.

I want you to focus on this one thought, If it be too strong for me, then thou shalt help me: But if it be too strong for thee, then I will help thee.
1. I want to say that Joab was a great General, but he knew he had his limitations.
We sometimes have this attitude that we can do it our selves, but we cant. Joab in all his training, in all his accomploshment knew that he alone can't win the battle himself. What did God say in the New Testemant; Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
Joab knew that the enemy was before him and behind him, but yet set those mighty men in position not to bestroyed but set them to do the battle together.
He instructed them to be of good courage, that is litrally to be:
1. conquer: to over come, 2. seize: To fall or rush upon suddenly and lay hold on, 3. To bind: To restrain in any manner. 4. to play the man and become mighty and withstand.
He reminds them of their testimony and who they represent in verse 13 of I Chronicles 19:,
but reminds them that the most important is that it is God whom will do right. He fights the battles for us,
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
You are not alone in the battle. You cant do it by your self because when you become weary who will take the baton, who will fill the gap,
you and I need each other. The enemy is set before and behind, lost souls are before and behind us, we all need to go together. Its not what I can do, but what we can do to bring honour and glory to God
This was just a thought the lord gave me in my daily reading.

No comments: