Friday, February 8, 2008

Wed.6, 2008

Wed night we had great signing service, The Cooper family was with us and not only are they old fashioned in there dress but they can sing. We also celebrated our Pastors 61st Birthday. Last week he asked me if I could preach that night and I of course was excited for an opportunity to preach especially on his birthday. Well Wed morning came and I knew I did not have the message for that night. I felt God say You are not preaching, so I did not put up a fight, at work Bro. Howard came and visited me and asked me if I was ready to preach and I looked at him and told him I wish I could but I dont have the message. Its not that I didnt have a message to preach because as a preacher you have to be ready instant in season and out. Sevaral weeks ago Bro. Howard had to go to hospital and I had to fill in and God gave liberty, But you see I was not soppose to preach Wed. Bro. Howard knew I was right and left, I thank God I have a Pastor who wont try to force the issue and is sensitve to the Holy Ghost. Later that day I found out he called Bro. Dickie and he had the message. That day he was so burdened and he delivered the best message I have ever heard him preach. You see less then 1/2 a mile from were he lives a young man was killed on the road drunk. Bro. Dickie could see the ambulance but nothing he could really see. later that night we all found out through phone calls, One of our deacons wifes sisters son was killed, I believe he was 21. They went out to celebrate Madri Gras, "a heathen worship", They all got drunk and were fighting and the son asked to be let out so they did and when after a few short miles turned back to see that there son was struck and killed by a another vehicle, Brother Dickie was so burdened because he knew that kid an did not tell him about Jesus, He knew it was'nt his only responsibility but he knew that he never gave him the Gospel. He preached on their is a devil, their is a hell, and their is a heaven, and what will it take for us to go and tell, what we are doing sitting on our buffs aint working, He was tore up. but you see he had the message. I think we recorded that night and it is worth hearing again. He had some illustrations that was captivating to the mind as he preached.
You see Madri Gras claimed another, I dont understand how stupid people can be, a so called religist occasion can be so far away from God and claim to be a christian thing. It is just another day to miss work and school to get drunk.
I could go on and on but I won't, I will stop here.

2 comments:

Sal said...

perfect will of God brother.

thats awesome.

juan said...

That was pretty cool, I didn't know he was called to preach. I am sure it was a good message, thank the Lord