Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bro.Bob Sensat, Bro Wall

I did something today that might make you think I am going crazy. I want to say first that I live in the old parsonage of Calvary Baptist Church, Behind this great old building were the church used to meet. We now are meeting on Airport rd. by the Hwy. For awhile now we have been trying to lease or sale the buildings with no hope in sight. But now we do have a church who is going to lease for 2 years, which is great.
I do want to state that as I go in and out that great building, I cant help to think, "Why did they leave.". I wish you could see the building. When I think about this work that was done here so many years ago, Bro. Wall and Bro. Sensat come to mind, I think about the labour they went through.
I never met these men, but I wish I did.
Today at about 8:30 a.m. I walked in to that great auditorium with my bible in my hand. I got behind the Pulpit, Opened my bible and Preached my heart out to an empty building few of pews. The greatest calling for a man is the call to preach, I believe that with all my heart. Sunday morning I wrote in my Bible, The Preacher is Gods Standing Army, to be preacher is awesome, I am God called And God sent, And knowing that This church held 2 of Gods great preachers, I wanted to preach were they preached,
And you might think I am going nuts but God gave me liberty this morning, I got filled with the Spirit of God and His power to preach. I left that building with tears in my eyes and cried for over 30 minutes. I called Bro. Janew in Georgia because I knew he would not think I was going nuts. He told me."John I have done that to".

6 comments:

Sal said...

i didnt think i would, but i got chills reading that bro.

Sal said...

delete that comment bro and turn on word verifcation. dont click the link.

The Preacher said...

thanks bro,,
As far as post I feel like I am losing my mind, but I know I am not though, Pray for me I know after this morning God isnt done with me... i think i wil just keep on Preaching

Anonymous said...

my love i am so proud of you and wish you would of preached to me this morning---boy do i need it!!! and i do not think you are going nuts!!! but as you know i am waiting for you to get your orders from God and i will be right there with you no matter where it is or when it is!!! even if i have to leave my new job which i love!!! i am very proud of you and thank God you listen to Him---

Anonymous said...

Amen wanted to thank you for coming by. Thank You for the encouraging words. God Bless You and your ministry.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the post. You can listen to Bro. Sensat preach and read some of his sermon outlines at www.sensatministries.com