Monday, April 21, 2008

On The Defensive again

I cant give much detail right now because I haven't decided what to do, but this morning I have to go and clear my name again. Since I have lived both here in Louisiana and as a child in Florida I have had to deal with racial prejudice. This thing between the races is stupid and uncalled for.
Much of this is due to because I visited a new store in our town that deals with tools and other materials on the 17th of April. I saw all what they had because working at Oreillys sometimes I get customers who ask for things we dont have And I like to refer them to a place that would have them. Before I left the place I saw a display of gloves and wanted to try one on and I did but they didn't fit my short stubby hands. I don't remember leaving right then but When I left, I left empty handed. Well On Friday afternoon the manager of that store comes to Oreillys and asks me to go to the oil section and told me if I was ready to pay for the gloves I stole. Well of course I got on the defensive because I know I didn't and he said we have you on camera walking out with them. Well that was a shocker because if I did steal them I would have no defense, but my testimony and who I am could not stand there and agree with him. I told him who I was and that my character wouldn't do that and he said I don't care who you are and that I have to pay for the gloves or I will go further with the law. Well at that point I was angry because I knew I didn't steal no gloves. I told him, No I will go to the law and I will take the Law to you to see this film you got, well by that remark I realized he started what they call down here craw fishing, meaning backing up what he accused me of. But At five that afternoon when I got off I went with Winston a Captain in the Jennings police force to see this video, Well guess what, the video was locked in a time lock safe and he couldn't get in till 7a.m. Monday morning, So Winston and I will be there today. So funny that When Winston was in his store he denied telling me to pay for the gloves and said a different story to Winston. Afterwards outside Winston told me he could tell he was lieing by how he was acting.Winston told me outside that this is the case of you are Mexican. And off course I knew that already but hate it though.
Update: During the making of this post I left to go see this video, My self and Winston walked in; and immediately told me there is no surveillance camera and no video and that he was not representing Fastenal on Friday but yet he was though now this morning. What gets me is he could have cleared it that day on Friday with me and Winston but lied to both of us and my wife. I called her there to because I didn't want her to dought that her husband is a thief
He said that day he had the video in a safe and that the safe was a time lock safe, all lies, and at that people at my worked judged me to be a thief. My testimony was almost tainted, I will probably file harassment charges today and follow through with my lawyer.
What this guy doesn't understand I have much to lose and my position as Assistant Pastor at Calvary Baptist Church is important. we live in a small town and word spreads quick. As it has already. The good thing is I got witnesses at work and they will testify and having Winston there and hearing his lies helps to. Winston said Brother you are Mexican and they see you through there eyes and it is sad.
I come here to spread the Gospel but yet they don't see that, I am in the prisons and walk these streets for God, and yes the Devil has tried to get me out of the ministry but I am counting on God to help me, He is my refuge. He is who will lift me up.
This man boldly goes to my place of employment and accuses me of doing something I didn't do and then lies about it to me and a police officer. I am not going to take this laying down.

2 comments:

juan said...

Navajo, Chavez-Chavez,

thats pretty cool Bro Winston could go with you, They fought the Law & the Law won.lol
Will be praying for you Bro. keep us posted.

The Preacher said...

i will keep you all posted, it sucks all this but i am glad it is not just my word about this whole thing..