Saturday, August 16, 2008

Its sill Good

Well it has been a fulfilling week, and I can say that no matter what God is Good. Did I fail this week, Yes, But thank God for Grace. I am still praying for the situation in Alice Texas. I would love to be doing what I desire to do but in Gods time I will go. But I do admit it is burning within My Soul.
This week God showed me some things in the bible I have never seen before concerning Jealousy. I will be working on a message soon on what God gave me concerning this one subject.
The verse the Lord showed me was in Matthew 27: 18. You will have to read verses 15 Thur 25 to get the whole scope. It is burning so much in me right now that it is awesome how God is.
I will say one thing. the machine these Pharisee and Sadducee's built was being destroyed because of our Savior. their ways of lasciviously and filthy lucre were being exposed. They were losing ground and hated it. They didn't have the mind of John the Baptist when he said,"John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease." They hated Our Lord Jesus out of Jealousy. But listen to what Jesus said,"John 15:25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.''
This is the verse that set me a flame, John 12:19 The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, Perceive ye how ye prevail nothing? behold, the world is gone after him.
This was there cause to hate so much and the root of their jealousy, envious of Our Lords Fame, Yet Jesus when He healed if you remember would say," Tell no one"
Listen to what John Gill says about the Pharisees,
perceive ye how ye prevail nothing? the Vulgate Latin and Arabic versions read, "we prevail nothing", so Nonnus; the sense is the same; suggesting, that all their wise schemes and crafty councils signified nothing; the commands they enjoined the people not to follow him, or to apprehend him, or to show them where he was, were disregarded; their threatenings to put out of the synagogue such as should confess him, were taken no notice of; their promises of reward were slighted; their examples were not followed; and all their artifice and cunning, backed with power and authority, did not succeed:
Mathew Henry in his writings goes on to show how they hated that Jesus was admired and followed more, and that they were losing ground. I can go on and on but I will pray to preach this one day.
Just remember Jealousy is a killer of the Joy to come. Those Pharisees are in Hell today. my conclusion will probably end with this verse.
Matthew 27:25 Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.
What a prophetic statement they made then. How many of their children today in Hell because they caused their children to neglect Jesus. How many of Jews today die never accepting Jesus as Lord.
I will ask you that are reading this post. How many are you telling or how many are you causing to neglect the Savior today. Your attitude will cause a world of difference. Heaven and Hell

No comments: