Monday, November 3, 2008

The Trip was Great

This is a pic of the church parsonage we stayed at this weekend. What I like about the parsonage is that it is about 1 mile from the church in a beautiful neighberhood with huge houses, Gramercy is a very small town,with about 2,500 people. combine with the other communities surrounding there is over 30,000 people. Batoun Rouge is only 38 miles away and New Orleans is about 47 miles away, We did go to New Orleans, well at least the outskirts of the city. And that in itself is huge. We did go to LakeSide Mall which was big, It took me 30 minutes to find a parking lot, Diana wanted to go to the 4 story parking building and remake the scene were Jerry Seinfield and Elaine, George and Kramer couldnt find there car, Diana was Saying, Jerrrrryyyy, Jerrryyy, it was funy you had to be there.
I thought Nicole took pics of the church but she didnt so I am sorry not to have a pic, You can see it on GoogleMap and put in First Baptist Church Of Gramercy LA, the church is on Airline rd, The church Building is huge and the souronding buildings also. The people are great and I fell in love with there sweet spirit. I knew ahead of time they were Southern Baptist but I felt lead to still come and the pulpit commitee wanted me to come also, they have expressed that they dont want to really break away from the convention but that you can never tell really. The services was great and the people were receptive. One family settlted some things and One joined the church, after wards one lady asked me, "You are not a S.B.C. preacher are you." I told her no, and she said oh because we have never heard preaching like that before, One lady said,"If this is Hells Fire and Brimstone Preaching, I like It." Almost everybody told me how they enjoyed the message and the service and how they never had it like this before. That one family still needs alot of prayer, Bro. Dennis told me later that during the preaching he knew God sent me here because His son needed to here this message, they hadnt been coming and they were told they had to be here. After church Bro. Dennis Hugged me and thanked me because they had been praying that the family go to the alter and get right for along time but they wouldnt, I remember during the service How Bro. Dennis and his wife were rejoicing but I wasnt sure why until after the service. I thank God that he could still use me and come to this church, I pray they do right and find a preacher in the convention who will steer them right, What was so good about this S.B.C. is that they belive the King James Bible is the word of God. And that is Huge for a church in this organization
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sal said...

very cool brother!

sounds like they going to want to keep you.

juan said...

Awesome, sounds like you all had fun, whatever God decides to do, & how would a church breakaway from S.B.C. do they have a contract or something?

The Preacher said...

no there is no contract just have to break away of alot of what they support and not count on an organization to bail them out, they are associated with the liberal society of churches and its functions, there is alot to it, and some were led to but there is a huge tie into it, it basically comes down to seperation

juan said...

@ preacher, ohhhhh