Monday, November 17, 2008

The Upward Pull

A little boy sat on a rock by the side of the road, holding a spool of cord, whistling to his hearts content. A passerby noticing the happy lad , stopped and asked, "What are you doing?" The lad replied, "I am flying my kite; its way up there in the sky!" The man strained his eyes, but saw nothing, and so remarked, "I don't see any any kite up there." To this the lad answered, "Neither do I, but I know its up there, for I feel the tugging on the string." By holding on to the cord the lad knew his kite was still flying.

In closing to this short message, I want to remind you to keep hold of God. You may never see Him with your eyes but by faith you will feel his tugs on your heart.

Lester Roloff once sang about, How there is something mighty sweet about the Lord, It really doesn't matter what the world has to say, there is something mighty sweet about the Lord.

God has been so good to me lately and I love to proclaim it, for He is worthy to be praised. He has blessed my family, home and church. It definitely has been worth traveling all these miles, There are times of hardship but yet God has been ever close by our side.

No comments: