Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dodge another bullett

We had another awful threat this week, but we were fortunate that all went well, We can only pray for those in need in Texas.. So much destruction in the state I love so much. Working at Oreilly I met alot of people concerned about their homes. Today I met a man from Vidor Texas and he found out about an hour ago his home is ok. Texas has a good Governor and he will do them right, I remember my buddy Juan in Harlingen said that some people still having water because of Dolly, I hope all is well by now.
We are still under a 8:00p.m. curfew but we stayed at a friends house for a fish fry and then stayed with Bro. Howard's to play Yahtzee till 10:00p.m. We know the some city police and I am a Minister in the Sheriff's Dept. so I felt we had our bases covered.
Today during the day though I took advantage of my day off and went thru my new books and oh what a gold mine of great litrature. Cambell, DeHaan,Hutson,Sitler,Moody,Rice,Hyles first books when he pastored at Miller Road Baptist Church in Garland Texas,and so many more to mention. But according to Bro. Janew I got the Jewel. The Lord Blessed me so much.
I do want you to pray for the people of Delcombe, Erath, and Abbeville. They all flooded again. Some parts of Abbeville that didn't flood with Rita is now flooded. Sis Brenda Told me today that the Canal behind where I used live to crested and was spilling over. So many people rebuilt there not lifting there homes and now I am sure they have flooded. I just saw on the news pics of so many homes flooded again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the water is at the nail salon on cedar to the knees.

juan said...

will be praying for them, all those little cities I know them how cool is that. Miss you guys