Friday, September 19, 2008

A great price

Every time I see Pearl Harbor the movie it brings so much pain to my chest just thinking of those men that died protecting our country, What gets me the most is these men didn't know it was coming. Though later it proved that there were warning signs they still were uncertain. Working for the Marine Military Academy and Confederate Air Force, I met so many men that were there at Pearl Harbor, Though they were up in years and I am sure now 23years later many I have met are now dead. There memory of that day was so vivid that some would tear up talking about it. I wonder how many are alive today. It grips me so much this movie only because i have seen and heard there stories personally. I wonder now as a Christian how many went off into eternity not knowing our Savior. Today I can appreciate our soldiers and their courage, Even though I want them home also I thank God that they are willing to serve. We need to pray for our men in the military.
Once it was asked in the front line," Can God keep the bullets from hitting our body's and killing us?, The response was this," Though the bullets ravage our body's it will never be able to destroy the soul of a saved man." Aren't you glad you are saved. And even though we might go through the door of death we are safe in His sheltering arms...