Sunday, October 26, 2008

WILL SOON BE IN GRAMERCY LA.

For awhile now a church had been after me to send my resume, but due to 2 hurricanes a trip to Texas for a view and some mail trouble and a Revival they finally got it. I have been praying about this church off and on and kept contact with them. I spoke to them on the phone Thursday and they asked if I would go down and preach at their church. They had told me that the pulpit committee saw my DVD of a message I preached against Halloween and discussed how they would like me to go down. The Church is called First Baptist Church of Gramercy La. A small community next to the Mississippi River. It is about 2 and half hours away and about 20 to 30 minutes from Baton Rouge. We will be leaving this weekend to be there on the 2nd. I am praying Gods will on this and excited to meet more Christian on this side before we get to Glory. I often wonder how God has moved us here to Louisiana, but what I do know is though I have been to alot of churchs and met countless of Christian, I would have never met them had I never left the Valley. There are more to meet this side of Glory, so I am willing to go or move, I know I alot of preachers who when God called had to sale their home and move were comfort is to were God says I will comfort you. I didn't have my own home when I left but knowing me that probably would have been my excuse why not to leave. I often think of Abraham when God told him to leave Haran, your home and family and all you posses, Now Haran means; Comfort in Jewish tradition. So to God I say any where any time Lord. I had to learn not to let even family control where to go, I remember when I told my wife we weren't moving to Texas after all, it broke her heart, but she knows to trust me for my Faith is in God

1 comment:

juan said...

praying for you bro