Sunday, September 30, 2007

What a Day


Today was a good day in the House of the Lord. Bro. Howard let rip today, The Holy Spirit just had control today. From the singing to the message it all lined up friend. Man Bro. Steve can play piano and sing his heart out for the Lord. If all goes well I will try to put the Message on this Blog. That old fashioned preaching is it man, none of this watered down mess that is out today.
This is a Picture of my Preacher and his wife, both have been a major influence in my Christian life. I met him back in 2000 and he has been my friend, Pastor, and mentor. Even when he left me in Texas he never let me down. Now 7 years later to serve as his Associate is an honor. It is one thing to love your Pastor but you see with me it is more deep you see I expect him to correct me when I mess up. He has never let me slide, and I appreciate that about him. Most people get close to the pastor and become friends and when it comes to certain things most pastors will let it slide and the next thing you know you got to heads and that is a freak man. I have been accused of having preacher religion along time now and truth be told that is far off, because I would've never left my first or second if that were true because I loved them so much, and they knew I did to. All I ever wanted was a Pastor to teach me and train me up to do right. And till this day I still need it. Having pastored for almost 2 years I tried my best by the Lords leading to do what they have done to me. And that was to train and teach especially to be soul winners after all that is our commission. Whether it stuck or not that was and is between them and God.I still today need that from my Pastor. Teaching Sunday School is awesome it helps me to keep studying and preparing messages because I know and my Pastor knows that in Gods timing He will use me again. I thank God my church is praying for me in that situation and I know they would hate for us to leave and so do I but I am itching friend, but I know it is His timing, I told the church the other day I don't care if its another 3 years of being under Bro. Howard it will be worth it all. I know of 3 churches that need a Pastor and one is in Texas, but I am waiting on God.

No comments: