Saturday, September 8, 2007

Whats In A Hero

I can remember growing up I had plenty of heroes but none like my heroes of Faith. What I mean by Hero of Faith is the Faith I have seen in them towards God even through situations and circumstances, it is during these times do our trust in God become an affect. One of these heroes is Bro Howard my Pastor, mentor, Friend and spiritual father. This man has done more for me then I could ever repay, but yet he is aways there for me. I trust this man to correct me when I am going astray and to guide me in all spiritual matters. I think the message he preached that I was not present but yet heard on tape was on Sticking By The Stuff, biblical separation and abstaining from all appearances of evil was what he preached on and he still lives it,this is why i love this man not just because he is my pastor but how he lives it. We all have pastors but I don't have to worry about him compromising and listening to no country music or other ungodly thing. Other men I have as heroes of faith men like Bro. Allen, Bro. Janew, Bro. Pope and men who have gone on to Glory. Not because of there messages or how they preach but how they over came adversity. But you see there is one though who is my personal hero, and that is my wife. I have seen her go through many trails and yet because she takes Gods promises literal she does not wobble on the fence. Through back surgery and an another surgery that hurts her still today she is believing trusting and committed to the Lord. Lately I haven't seen her much due to her work and mine but it is on Sunday were we can worship the God that keeps His promises together. I love my wife and I know she loves me.
(Lord I pray that you give her strength during these days and comfort her as you have aways done)

No comments: