Saturday, January 3, 2009

Bored again

Well I am working this weekend and once again I am bored due to it being slow. We are short on mechanics and because of that me and Kenneth the parts manager twiddle our thumbs, They let me read my Bible and that's good, I also get to work on my SS outlines as well, it is hard to find a job were they let you do this , so with that I am grateful. And off course like Oreillys we stand all day but yesterday I broke the mold, Before I quit Oreillys They gave me a shop stool with the Chevy logo on it and it was pretty, black and the outline of the bow tie in gold, but I gave it to our my Friend in Texas Juan because he had just bought a black beauty Chevy truck, so I knew he would like it, but now that I work for a Chevrolet dealership I wanted to get another one. I called the lady at Oreillys that gave me the one I gave away and ask for the other one I new she had in the back, and guess what I got it. I took it to work secretly yesterday and put it together and while every body was out of my dept. I set it up in front of my computer and sat down. Kenneth came in and just looked at me and said I have been standing for 32 years and you have been here for 2 months and now you got a stool, Then the C.E.O. of our company came in and and looked at me and Kenneth and asked him how long has he been standing. I looked at both of them and with a big grin in my face said,"You all never had a 300+ parts consultant, and well they laughed and said that I am out of my mind, but go ahead. Awhile back I had ask the Shop foreman if they ever would let a stool in and he thought no because of the traffic that goes through but my computer is set up in the corner and Kenneth in the middle, so for sure it would be hard for him to have one. So I took a chance and got approved. Soon I will take a pic of the spot and add it to this post.
It is a great job and would hate to leave it one day, never had so much liberty as I have here. I am learning alot more but it is hard, I have to memorize over 20,000 group numbers, but that will come in time, every part has a group number to associate it to the section of the car, I do know 0,000 is for a engine and 1836 is for filters, I have a mess load of post its notes on my wall and 3x5 cards, they tell me that I am going to put post-it note company out of business, I am also learning sign language, the baby of the Oustalets is death and mute and a little downs but he is great, Me and him became good buddy's, he is 47 but don't act it. I got a video of him dancing to music he cant here but he feels the vibration, he gets it going. Well back to twiddling

3 comments:

juan said...

cool I have my stool i my shed next to my tool box, for when I twiddle my thumbs.

The Preacher said...

i am glad to get another one with the checvy emblem, they had a ford and a dodge, and that would have not floated

juan said...

ford, dodge, pfft they give those away, lol