Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I am not a Hound Dog

Well today marks the 17 year anniversary that my wife went in to labor with Diana, I was so excited because it was on Elvis birthday, And then I was his biggest fan, even today I have so much useless information about him , well any ways back to the Blog, well it was about 3 or 4 when Melinda went to the doctor and was told she was in labor, She called me at work and boy did I get excited. Because all day i was hearing Elvis songs and now knowing that My daughter is to be born on this day it was the best thing a fan could have. I was ready to call the newspaper office to tell them of this great event. well at the hospital it was crazy and hectic for Melinda because everybody in my family wanted to be in the room with her, that was funny, Man I can remember saying to her how we were going to be Mommy's and daddy's, and then she slapped me because I wouldn't shut up, but it was okay because it was Elvis's birthday and my child would soon be born. I even flirted with the thought of naming her Lisa Marie after his daughter, well at about 10pm I was getting worried and she still was pushing and nothing, at 11pm I was begging her to push harder but nothing. the doctor had induced her in hopes of Diana coming quickly, well as you can imagine at about 11:30 I was breathing pretty heavy, oh and so was Melinda. At about 11:45 still no sign of a head or anything. man we were really pushing, I was chanting T.C.B., T.C.B, T.C.B. Which was Elvis motto (Taking Care of Business) 11:50 and man was I in pain, I was cramping and
everything, 11:55pm and man the room was loud. I started sing Elvis songs hoping for Diana to hop out and shake her hips, but nothing, I would look at her, the clock, my ken doll I dressed in a cape and side burns, and nothing 11: 59 and I was screaming man it was down to the wire. I looked at the doctor and at her to do something. I jumped on the bed and was screaming to Melinda don't let me down and then it happened.........................

at 1:21am Diana Nicole Yanez was Born, I was and still the most proudest father on earth, I love my daughter even though she was born on the ninth.

Everybody I tell this story to I say that at midnight I went home,

Tomorrow is my first Born's 17Th birthday, she has made me proud.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

ok john down deep inside i know you still love elvis and you can't tell me different because if you didn't you would not get mad when i tell you he died of a drug overdose!!! but anyways i'm sorry i didn't meet your deadline but i still thank God for you and our two beautiful children!!!

Anonymous said...

I love you daddy with all my heart!!! ITS MY BIRTHDAY,ITS MY BIRTHDAY,GO ME,GO ME!!!!:) I know you care that its my birthday!!:) Thank you for everything that you do for me!!!! I LOVE YOU!!! :)

Melinda said...

@diana get over it!!!it's Elvis birthday today!!! wait until tomorrow!!! i love you!!!!

Sal said...

ah man. great story. to many funny moments. i tell this story all the time. .... people freak when i say at midnight you went home..lol