Sunday, January 13, 2008

Wow

Today was a good and wonderful day, I really enjoyed Sunday School so much, I taught out of Psalm 8:1. We have been traveling through Psalm verse by verse and really getting so much out of Gods word. I remember years ago I heard that a preacher by the name of Melvin Aiken did it years ago and I prayed 2 years ago if God would give me the liberty and He hadn't till I started teaching hear at Calvary. I pray only that His word is applied to our hearts because I am preaching to my self also. Today was awesome when we got into it because verse one just deals with #1 the personal relationship between man and God and Gods excellent ways. We traveled through the Scriptures and saw How wonderful God Is and His excellency. Just look at what the Bible says in this one verse :Job 37:23 Touching the Almighty, we cannot find him out: he is excellent in power, and in judgment, and in plenty of justice: he will not afflict.
How unsearchable is God I don't know but the more I serve Him the more He is known to me:Psalms 9:16 The LORD is known by the judgment which he executeth:
This is God He is awesome, you know as I read my bible every day I notice some things, #1 I can say this I have read my bible through several times now and as continual to read daily in the mornings and afternoons I realize this, It doesn't get old, And what makes me rejoice is as I read it again David still slays Goliath, Daniel is saved from the lions den, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abidnigo are still saved from the fire and Jesus is walking with them, The Red sea is still divide and Gods people make it safe, Calvary is still the place Jesus died for me and He is still on the thrown, And I still believe in miracles, my mom told me today about her sisters husband who is about to die and in an instant God told me to hang up and call my aunt who I haven't spoken in years and to pray with him, and you better believe that if God says do something i believe that it is because He is about to work, Its not about me but of God I have to remind my self that to keep me from saying something stupid, I believe then that even though my unlce is unresponsive he would hear, I called My Uncle in Washington state who is in a coma ready to die, Hasn't moved or had any Bowel movements and the Doctors say he has no hope, I asked my aunt to put the phone on his ear or to put it on speaker and she did put it on speaker, I told my uncle who I was and then I prayed and as I prayed with him I told him how the maniac of Gadara got saved and how the publican got saved and how the thief on the cross got saved, Oh retched sinner that I am forgive me, I prayed How wonderful God is And how Jesus can do good things for him as He did for that maniac, how Jesus could forgive him and have not to fear of dieing, Psalms 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
I prayed and prayed for comfort for my aunt and cousins, And would you know it I heard my aunt say look he is crying and moved his hand a little, a man who they said would'nt respond physicaly anymore.
You might think I am crazy; but I believe God. After I prayed my aunt got the phone and told me again what happened. I just told her to call me when ever she wants.
I believe my uncle will die with God kindly veiling his eyes. Did he get saved, hey you be the expert and I will believe in God, you see today was a good and a wow day.
I can only pray that God can use me as a pastor again and I know it will be in His time but until then I will do my best at Calvary in Jennings.
I cant wait for tomorrow when revival starts with Bro. Sammy He called yesterday and said I cant wait till I get to see you all. Pray for his traveling and the man that drive with him. One bullet will be with him and it will be great to see him again, it has been 3 yrs since I have seen him. And of course Bro. Adam, Bro Sammy's Joshua. I just pray that God gives me tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sal said...

thats awesome brother..

The Preacher said...

If peter has no hope then we need to pray for his home going and that God will comfort our aunt and cousins