Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What? You Say it Is Your Birthday.

Well today my wife is 3 years old, Saved that is. I can still remember the 2 hour drive home after revival with Bro. Sammy at Odem Texas, our old Home church. She was crying and asking me to tell her that she is ok but as soon as we left Odem Holy Spirit told me to be quite, He delt with her all night and day at church during clean up day. She would want to be with me and would beg me to tell her she was ok but I COULDN'T, God said I will send you a comforter, Holy Spirit was convicting her. She called preacher in Jennings and spoke with Ms Howard but she couldn't help her so preacher got on phone and told her you know what you need to do, and right there behind the old church building she got SAVED! last night at fellowship we were joking around with preacher about it and Ms Howard and Melinda were just laughing about what happened that day how Ms Howard had said,"I cant help you here's the preacher.", because Melinda was saying I dont know, I dont know,. I am so glad I got a preacher with enough backbone to preach it like it is, I have met many of men of God because of Bro. Howard. Men Like my favorite preacher Bro. Sammy Allen. He got in just in time last night for revival, right at 8:23pm right on time I told him as I met him outside. He told me Bro. Ballew said it would take 523 miles so they timed it by that, but Sammy said it took 647miles, GPS he said was a little off. but I made it. I went in church to relay the message while Bro Sammy got ready and Bro. Howard said," I am going to burn Bro. Ballews house down." It was funny. But hey the singing was awesome and we were testifying, and after Bro. Sammy Exhorted awhile and then Just preached, wouldn't you know it 1 got saved. This lady was a visitor and as she came up to pray with the preacher one row at a time Bro. Sammy got her out of line and asked her are you saved and she looked at him and couldn't deny it in her heart no more I guess and wept and said she is not sure and that she was positive she wasn't, Bro. Sammy prayed with her, called Ms Howard, ask Melinda and I to keep praying and She cried unto Jesus Have Mercy On Me. She got saved, It was awsome last night. Cant wait for tonight. I am so glad that till the Lord comes back or for as long as Bro. Sammy can travel that Melinda can be around Bro. Sammy during revival on her birthday,

3 comments:

Melinda said...

i'll never forget that night when you told me NOTHING---I felt so alone and scared and you couldn't comfort me!!! and the next day man what a day!!! all i can say is PRIDE WOULD OF SENT ME TO HELL!!!!! but thank God for mercy and grace!!! i thank you baby for being obedient and saying nothing and for loving me no matter what!!!that song "Thank God For The Preacher" has a real meaning to me---i also want to thank my lesbo friend deedee for being there for me and helping me come to grips with the whole thing and making me realize that it doesn't matter what people will think---all thought i still struggle with that but at least that day i listened to her and let God deal with me and for brother Howard and Mrs Howard thank you for being staight with me!!! i will never forget that day!!! but most of all i thank God for being longsuffering and waiting for me!!! thank you Jesus!!!! i love you all!!!!!

Sal said...

@melinda, man, you all do everything together. even get saved together or on the same week!

happy birthday!

DeeDee said...

Happy Birthday Melinda! lol @Sal, it's just the way God planned it.